Wednesday, June 23, 2010

No pics...just whining

I've been quiet- the wind has been knocked out of my sails, I am no longer interested, I have many regrets. As you know we built with PD over 5 years ago- they were fantastic. 5 years on, same size house etc. and they suck! There is no doubt that this company is capable but they let themselves down in one big way- they lack respect, any initiative or care for their clients. We are heading toward 8 months with no date in site for completion due to constant delays and a lack of supervision. I have already whinged about spiraling costs, I just felt it only fair to be honest about our experience to make those possibly embarking on a similar journey aware of the risks. Worst part is, I am so stressed that I find it difficult to crack a smile and that's not worth any of this.

4 comments:

Raelene said...

Hi Elizabeth,

We are contracted to build the same house with Porter Davis. Would you care to share some of the things that have been happening to you? It may save some of us from going through what sounds like a terrible time.

All the best for you and your family :)

MDZZJ said...

Hi Elizabeth
Sorry to hear you are having such a bad experience. Chin up hopefully soon you will be in your new house and the way you are feeling now will soon be forgotton. Even the quickest, easiest build can be stressful. Try to remember the old saying "will it matter in 10 years time?"
When was your contract up?

Elizabeth said...

Thanks guys, I suppose I'm just a bit of a supporter for the little people. I can kind of deal with this if it were just me but then what about all the people that come after? If we all turn our backs it is only likely to get worse. Hopefully they learn something from this and we should always continue to fight our corner!

Raelene said...

Elizabeth,

I've been watching your build with interest (obviously because we're building the same house) right from the beginning and it's just seemed so incredibly slow. What's been the hold up, and have they given you a revised date for hand over?