Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cup of tea, anyone?!


Who'd of thought I'd get so much entertainment out of a slab!  Now that the concrete is set,  I was able to have a wander around the 'house'!  The framers have penciled the ground floor frame positions so I had the fun of pretending to have a 'day in our life'.  As its only the children's/guest rooms upstairs I was able to get out of bed, have a shower and then make brekky!  Rather than joining in my fun, my girls simply looked at me frozen in amazement as I skipped from room to room with a running commentry of my daily routine - I think they were especially appalled when I proceeded to get 'undressed' to have a shower (what is wrong with these kids?!!).

I noticed that our sign at the front had the wrong lot number on it, so it gave me an excuse to call our SS - I also happened to mention one major concern for me which is the cement sheet infill over the garage.  The whole house is brick so I have no idea how we missed this - it was our error but I had tried to change it before commencement on site (in fact atleast 3 weeks before we started) but admin refused.  Thankfully the SS rocks and has said I can order a steel lintel and negotiate with the brickies to get it bricked!  I knew my super hero would fly in to rescue me...

Frame starts this week and will take approx 2 weeks - although the rain has been a little persistent today and is forecast for the end of the week,  I'm sure they will ensure its done before Christmas so they have some cash in their pockets.

No comments: